About Nina Javan
Nina Javan is an Associate Attorney at SW&M with over a decade’s worth of experience. She leads the Insolvency practice group and is a key member of the Litigation and Compliance practice groups. Currently, she chairs the Board of the Los Angeles County Bar Association’s Debtor Assistance Project and is often asked to speak at various continuing legal education events.
Prior to joining the team, Nina served in the United States Army as a Human Intelligence Collector. She was both a Teaching Assistant and a Research Assistant at Pepperdine University School of Law, and a Professor of Bankruptcy Law at Western State College of Law and Los Angeles Valley Community College. Finally, she previously served in leadership roles with the American Bankruptcy Institute and the Central District Consumer Bankruptcy Attorney Association, and was a Board member of the Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association for several years.
To Nina, success means solving client problems and being able to spot and prevent potential issues before they materialize. While Nina is commonly known as an attorney, educator, speaker, and veteran, outside of the office she is a wife, avid gamer in a multi-console household, and devoted pet parent to her cat, Waffles.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, JD
- Scripps College, BA
Admissions & Memberships
- State Bar of California
- California Lawyers’ Association, Insolvency Law Committee
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Past Vice Chair and Past Programs Chair of the Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Past Member Relations Chair of Intellectual Property and Technology Committee
- Central District Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys Association, Past Board Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association Debtor Assistance Project Sub-Committee, Past Chair