SW&M advises and supports financial institutions across the spectrum of commercial lending. We have extensive experience with commercial lending regulations, as well as special assets management, insolvency and bankruptcy matters.
Our comprehensive services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing loan documentation services, including drafting loan documentation, performing initial due diligence and post-documentation attorney reviews for commercial real estate (CRE), commercial and industrial (C&I) and construction transactions, etc. of new, renewal and modification requests;
- Negotiations with borrowers, guarantors and other related parties — such as property management companies, general contractors, funds control companies, engineers, architects, insurance providers and other secured or unsecured lenders;
- Providing title insurance reviews and loan closing support;
- Providing consistency letters for loan documents drafted by non-attorney services (such as LaserPro and other third parties) to ensure alignment with credit memoranda and general enforceability of terms and conditions;
- Analyzation of complex borrower ownership structures and legal lending limits;
- Reviewing, updating and creating commercial lending policies;
- Development of forbearance agreements, reservation of rights notices and default enforcement;
- Drafting and negotiation of participation and syndication agreements; and
- Creation of tenant estoppels and Subordination, Non-Disturbance and Attornment agreements (SNDA).